11 September 2008

I need to get some shoes, or wellies?

Because these Grecian sandals are no longer cutting it. The one thing I am trying so hard not to conform too... Shoes.

I decided that I'm going to officially fail at keeping this blog the way that I originally intended for it to be. A travel blog... to talk about the places, faces, experiences... But with this elongated stay in London, I'm finding it hard to leave out the inner journey of everything. So much is happening in the realm of personal growth, that to limit this blog to simply commentary on how wonderful London is, inevitably will not do the city, or my travelogues, any justice.

I haven't been to Church in two months. Thank God that people speak English here. I finally made it to Tosin's Church. It turns out he's one of the Campus Ministry staff at Every Nation Christian Church, located in West Kensington. Tonight was a Praise & Prayer event and defintiely much needed. To say the least, there is more clairty when it comes to my faith. I am reminded that I am not here just to do school, or intern, or travel... I'm here because God has allowed it for such a time, and I have brought myself to the inescapable resolution that I cannot waste this time. God is SO present, even more than I thought. I'm excited to see how it unfolds.

On other issues, I'm finding it more and more easier to be as Jesus was in Mark 2. It's quite a new door to be walking through. And by acknowleding my own judgements, while at the same time cultivating love, I am thoroughly convinced that God can move through it.

And lastly, I am firmly reminding myself that friendship is key to anything and compromise, is something that God has not intended when He has the best ready for you. We'll see how this goes.

Very vague indeed. My apologies.

With love from London,
Carla

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
osgoon said...

i appreciate these updates mang! i totally feel yah.. in terms of how i can't do justice to how much i'm growing. its nutsss right?! praise God for church !! =) and Praise God for being present all over the world!! wooooo. miss yahhh!

p.s. i accidently signed in as my juan antonio (one of my class's email addy). hahaha

Anonymous said...

:) <3