11 August 2008

A quick word on Venice.

We took the overnight train to Venice on August 8th. The train, minus the lack of sleep seriously reminded me of Harry Potter and the Hogwarts Express. You really do get your own little compartment and everything. If only we had this back in the States... Well anyways, we get to Venice, and it's way too early. The town was deserted, but it was a much appreicated contrast to what it was like a few hours later, with people just swarming like ants in all crevices that was to be walked on. Venice to me is like a theme park. It's a little surreal. Absolutely NO CARS and everything, I mean everything really is on water. Even the bus system - boats... on water. I loved it actually! The Venetian architecture was present everywhere, of course. It was just a little weird to put together because I had seen it everywhere except for Venice itself. I seemed to have an underappreication for it at this point. Nonethless, Venice was a lot of fun. There's alot of high end shopping to do there, as well as really amazing structures. And it's really, Venice is more than the romanitic gandala ride through the streets and canals.

Pictures of Italy probably won't be up until I get to London and have more stable interent. So until then, I hope my words suffice.

Much love from Rome,
Carla

No comments: