22 August 2008

London Calling: 9 More Days!

So, I'm sad to say that as of late, there is not much to update on. I've pretty much covered the basis of what to see as a tourist in Rome, and have spent the last week either in front of the television, or as in the past few days, in front of laptop. Quite lame I suppose seeing as I am in Rome... But then again - maybe you would call it settling in? I don't know. All I have to say is that The Filipino Channel airs some very entertaining shows and not to mention I am totally brushing up on some Tagalog. Mom and Dad you should be proud, you've got yourself a nearly "Quadro-linual" daughter, haha! [This is secretly another pitch for my dad to get it cabled into our house back home]

On an exciting note... I leave for London in 9 days, and as like my initial feelings before leaving for Greece... The nervousness is taking a little bit more of a precedence than the excitement. Although, I think we all know that'll change once I get there. I've met my two roommates [through Facebook of course] who are actually really good friends. The both of them go to BU and are going to be doing the music program in London. I've been chatting with one of them an she seems very nice. We've already made plans to jam together with my limited guitar and singing abilities and I'm sure, here amazing violin skills! 9 days seems so close.... Yay!

Lastly, I just want to note that the bugs here in Rome seem to adore me. My legs are covered with itchy bug bites and it's driving me nuts! Greece was a lot kinder I have to say.

Well, this is all for now!

With love from Rome,
Carla

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

carlamorlaaa
i heart you.
english, greek, tagalog, and (insert 4th language?)

have an awesome time in london!!
go eat all the yummy italian food before you go :)